This is a page for some of our recipes. I’ll add more when time permits. Good Luck and feel free to let us know how they come out.
Makes: About 5 dozen cookies.
1 lbs. and 2 ounces (3-1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
14 oz (2 cups) sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 oz. chopped roasted hazelnuts
8 oz. chopped roasted pistachios
6 oz. mini chocolate chips (optional)
1 beaten egg, for egg wash
1. Sift together the first four ingredients. In the bowl of a standing mixer or by hand, cream the eggs, sugar and vanilla for about 3 minutes.
2. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter egg-sugar mixture until well incorporated, then fold in the nuts and chocolate, if using, by hand.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. (It will be incredibly sticky.) Roll each piece into a 12" log and place on the baking sheets, 2 per sheet.
4. Flatten each log slightly with the palm of your hand so that they're about 1/2" high and about 2" across. Brush each log lightly with an egg wash made with 1 beaten egg.
5. Bake for about 25 minutes, until they've just started to color. Cool.
6. At this point, the biscotti can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and frozen for up to 1 month. When ready to serve, remove from freezer & let come to room temperature.
7. Preheat or reduce the temperature of the oven to 250 degrees. Slice each biscotti into 1/2" slices using a serrated knife. Place each slice, standing up, on parchment covered baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the biscotti are firm. They will keep, tightly covered, for up to a month.